Diary of a Victorian Dollshouse

Share in my journey as I create a
late Victorian miniature world.

Sunday, March 23, 2014

In the beginning...

The bathroom in this house originally began life up in the attic...(I will try and find an old photo of the very original) but I began to realise that I wasn't going to have enough rooms to make everything that was going on in my head for this property. I needed to have a re think!
In my lovely  8 roomed dollshouse I wanted to have a parlour, dining room, kitchen, scullery, study, lady's bedroom, maids bedroom, nursery and bathroom that was a total of 9 rooms! 
With space limited and as I had two landings I thought I would sacrifice one of those and make another room from that...so this has now become the bathroom.
Often box rooms became bathrooms in Victorian times....not sure about landings though but artistic licence allowing ...?


No comments:

Post a Comment