Diary of a Victorian Dollshouse

Share in my journey as I create a
late Victorian miniature world.

Monday, November 18, 2013

The nursery Furniture

Here's the little washstand I've been getting ready for this room.
It started off as a plain, bare wood one.
After a coat of stain and wax I then added a row of ceramic tiles to make a splash back 


Added some linen to see what it would look like...


Decided on a jug on there....


A towel rail...


At each side....


Gripe water! Who remembers that...? 
Just need a small washbowl - not too big as I don't want to hide the pretty tiles...
Then whatever else a Victorian child's toiletry requirements were....?
Back to the research....

In the meantime onto the chest of drawers....



This little chest also began as a basic wood piece, Like the washstand it's been sanded, stained and waxed. 
The tiny rabbit figures standing on top are made of resin and I them bought quite cheaply awhile ago from The Dollshouse Emporium. Just as an experiment I painted the white faces and paws brown to tone them down abit....I thought it would give me a little practise before I begin work on some white metal kit ornaments....



They've had a coat of varnish aswell to give them a shine.....they almost look like porcelain now!
Not Royal Doulton standard by any means but they look better than they did before.


I don't know if they'll stay - we'll see....


No comments:

Post a Comment