Diary of a Victorian Dollshouse

Share in my journey as I create a
late Victorian miniature world.

Friday, November 08, 2013

Something a little different.....

This week I set about customising a basic little Victorian pram. These black metal prams can be bought quite reasonably from various miniature outlets and in their 'naked' form they don't look much but with a little time and a few bits and pieces they can take on a whole new appearance...

This is the little pram I started out with which I bought from the Dollshouse Emporium
Dollshouse Emporium Black Victorian-style Pram


I upholstered the inside and made a tiny quilt and pillow..


And then I covered the body work with Aida embroidery canvas which I stained and varnished to 
look like basket work and added some trim. 


I made an apron which is folded back


I stuck kid leather onto the hood


Made the stays mechanism from jewellry bits and beads


And added trim on the inside of the hood


This was a lovely little project to do, I really enjoyed it - I will certainly have a go at doing another one.....
There are so many ways in which to personalise this little pram, using different materials and colours to make a unique and individual miniature piece for your dollshouse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment