Diary of a Victorian Dollshouse

Share in my journey as I create a
late Victorian miniature world.

Monday, November 18, 2013

Beginning work on the nursery....

I've begun gathering things together for the nursery....
Last Saturday I went to the Pudsey Dollshouse Fair near Leeds and bought some lovely little pieces, including a beautiful white wire bassinette which I've painted today.



I'm so pleased with how it's turned out - it's now a much better whicker colour and looks a lot more realistic I think., I made a mattress for it  and added the  sweet knitted pillow and blanket  made by Ladybird miniatures...look at those tiny, tiny stitches!




Although I am proficient at knitting in full life size I must say I am in awe of anyone who can knit this small! It is so adorable and just the right size. 




I also bought this little blanket from the fair, again from Ladybird Miniatures which looks lovely on the nursery bed.




I was lucky enough to find just the right bed for the nursery at Pudsey too. I've been on the look out for one which was just a little smaller than an ordinary single size as the nursery room isn't all that big.I



 I think this one is probably 1:16th scale and so it's like a toddler size single. An unusual find and not one I've seen before so I'm glad I spotted it.



Here they are together

No comments:

Post a Comment