Diary of a Victorian Dollshouse

Share in my journey as I create a
late Victorian miniature world.

Saturday, October 05, 2013

Lighting restored.....

Now that the darker nights have started to draw in, it was a reminder to me to get on and look at why the lights in Jubilee had stopped working. Unfortunately the wiring had become damaged following our house move two years ago and it's been a job which needed a little patience....well quite alot really!
 Apart from one or two fittings which need new bulbs, Jubilee House is now fully illuminated again! 
It's such a pleasure to see it brightening up the corner of my room again.....


Here are a few photos

Exterior Views

The bay windows show the bedroom above with the parlour below


The study is on the upper left with the bathroom in the middle


The dining room is to the left of the front door



Basement scullery with the lit copper in the back left hand corner 


Then through into the kitchen 


The range has a flicker effect which looks amazingly real!
I must try and take a video of this...

                                                 

The other side of the kitchen showing the pantry 


Hallway with coloured glass chandelier


The dining room is very well lit!


The parlour 


Study with desk light 
and a glimpse through the doorway to the rear landing


Lady's bedroom fire
(centre light needs a bulb!)


Bedside candle light


Attic landing with nursery door ajar


A lovely view from the maids bedroom, 
across the landing and through to the Nursery beyond... 


Maids bedroom with small candle light and fire
I just need to get the curtains made for this room. 


I love this shot through the open door
it looks so cosy and inviting.....










6 comments:

  1. You are very talented.. Now, can you turn lights off in some rooms? Don't want to waste energy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary thankyou for your kind comment. As for turning the lights off in some rooms - with this method of lighting the house (tapewire) no I cant! As my Dad used to say "It's lit up like Crystal Palace!". However I have the basement on a different circuit so I can put the servants in darkness.... :)

      Delete
  2. Just catching up here Kath. Excellent progress - everything looks great and I love the "through the door" scenes.

    I can understand why you didn't look at the lighting for two years - I'd have left it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Irene your comments mean alot...
      Lighting is fiddly work but so worth it as you know. I'm glad it's done now - but there are, dare I say one or two more lamps I want to add - eek!

      Delete
  3. This is absolutely brilliant Kath - you are so talented and I'm proud of you x

    ReplyDelete