Diary of a Victorian Dollshouse

Share in my journey as I create a
late Victorian miniature world.

Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Attic Room

This room has a sloping ceiling and is quite a challenge to furnish and display because of the way the house front is designed. With hindsight (which is always wonderful) I maybe should have put it together differently so that the room could be viewed more easily but I'm stuck with how it is.
The roof  lifts as normal but the front wall (the fourth wall) of the room stays in situ making access difficult - in the new Sid Cook Jubilee House they have made the front lift with the roof., much better!
Here are some photos to show what I mean:



View from the front showing the fourth wall right up against the camera



Sloping ceiling with chimmney breast added in the corner and a fireplace made from a Phoenix kit 


No comments:

Post a Comment