Diary of a Victorian Dollshouse

Share in my journey as I create a
late Victorian miniature world.

Friday, November 25, 2011

New parlour decoration...

Here are a some progress pictures of my work on the parlour....
It's taken me ages as I couldn't for the life of me find the wallpaper! I knew I had bought it but just didn't know where I'd put it when we moved house...grrr. It came to light eventually so I've made a start.
It's always sad when you take a completed room to pieces to start over...I know it will be worth it in the end as I think it will look more 'authentic' than what it was before.



 As you can see  from the photos it is far from finished but I couldn't resist trying out some furniture to see what it looked like! The new skirting needs to be put in aswell as the fireplace and hearth.


I sanded down the floor and aged it abit more and stained the skirting boards mahogany, not that you can see much of them. Here is how it's looking now with furniture added.




Close up of desk


With lights!













1 comment:

  1. Te esta quedando genial, tienes que seguir con ese maravilloso trabajo.....hay que acabarlo.
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete